Free考研资料

标题: He is just not that into you [打印本页]

作者: Blair    时间: 14-5-7 16:04
标题: He is just not that into you
为了学习英语,最近在看一篇英文书,好的句子,摘出来和大家分享

For ages women have come together over coffee, cocktails, or late-night phones chats to analyze the puzzling behavior of men. Greg Behrendt and Liz Tuccillo are here to say that-despite good intentions-you are wasting your time. Men are not complicated, although they’d like you to think they are. And there are no mixed messages. The truth may be he is just not that into you.  
作者: lisijuan    时间: 14-5-7 19:10
要不要这么残忍啊
作者: Blair    时间: 14-5-7 21:18
lisijuan 发表于 14-5-7 19:10
要不要这么残忍啊

嗯,嗯,真相很残忍的
作者: lisijuan    时间: 14-5-7 21:44
Blair 发表于 14-5-7 21:18
嗯,嗯,真相很残忍的

不求真相,装糊涂好了。
作者: lisijuan    时间: 14-5-7 21:44
Blair 发表于 14-5-7 21:18
嗯,嗯,真相很残忍的

不求真相,装糊涂好了。
作者: 水中月绕云    时间: 14-5-7 22:37
提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽
作者: Blair    时间: 14-5-8 10:34
水中月绕云 发表于 14-5-7 22:37
真的猛士,敢于直面惨淡的人生,敢于正视淋漓的鲜血。。。

是迅哥的名言吧
作者: 水中月绕云    时间: 14-5-8 11:48
提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽
作者: Blair    时间: 14-5-8 12:04
新的句子来了
We go out with someone, we get excited about them, and then they do something that mildly disappoints us. Then they keep doing a lot more things that disappoint us. Then we go into hyper-excuse mode for weeks or possibly months, because the last thing we want to think is that this great man that we are excited about is in the process of turning into a creep. We try to come up with some explanation for why they are behaving that way, any explanation, no matter how ridiculous, than the one explanation that is the truth: he is just not that into you.
可以学习的单词和短语:
go out with, 约会
mildly:轻微的,程度比较轻的
hyper:亢奋的,高度紧张的
turn into:变成
creep:让人讨厌的家伙
come up with : 想出,提出
ridiculous: 荒唐的,荒谬的

作者: lisijuan    时间: 14-5-8 13:30
Blair 发表于 14-5-8 12:04
新的句子来了
We go out with someone, we get excited about them, and then they do something that mil ...

为什么,看不下去了。
作者: Blair    时间: 14-5-8 22:36
lisijuan 发表于 14-5-8 13:30
为什么,看不下去了。

还没看完,但文章大概意思就是,no reason, so move on, sisters! Don't waste any time.
作者: Blair    时间: 14-5-9 12:07
针对why he hasn't called me,最后一节来了:

A guy you went out with once hasn’t called you in two weeks
Do you:
1.        Jump to the conclusion that he is just really busy, lost your phone number, and was struck in the skull, and is now suffering from short-term memory loss, and you should call him.
2.        Quit your job, stay at home, call the telephone company to make sure your phone works, and wait for him to call
3.        Realize he is just not that into you and move on with your life.
Good for you. You answered 3. We knew it was easy-but doesn’t it feel good to make the right choice.

作者: lisijuan    时间: 14-5-10 00:33
Blair 发表于 14-5-9 12:07
针对why he hasn't called me,最后一节来了:

A guy you went out with once hasn’t called you in two ...

斑斑,就没有了吗,有好帖子我会继续跟上的
作者: Blair    时间: 14-5-10 09:51
lisijuan 发表于 14-5-10 00:33
斑斑,就没有了吗,有好帖子我会继续跟上的

还有的,这只是第一篇章节。后面的我还没有开始看。这本书倒是词汇易懂的,就是看多了,比较消极
作者: lisijuan    时间: 14-5-10 22:45
Blair 发表于 14-5-10 09:51
还有的,这只是第一篇章节。后面的我还没有开始看。这本书倒是词汇易懂的,就是看多了,比较消极

等你。。。
作者: 深林飞帆    时间: 14-5-10 23:51
我作为一个爷们听这句话感觉很自卑
作者: Blair    时间: 14-5-11 22:42
深林飞帆 发表于 14-5-10 23:51
我作为一个爷们听这句话感觉很自卑

是不是从爷们角度看,这些都是事实呢
作者: Blair    时间: 14-5-11 22:48
lisijuan 发表于 14-5-10 22:45
等你。。。

今天的来了

It is so simple
From this moment on, right now, as you read this, make this solemn vow about your future romantic relationships: no more murky, no more gray, no more unidentified, and no more undeclared. And if at all possible, try to know someone as best you can before you get naked with them.

Solemn, 庄严的
Vow,发誓,誓言
murky,黑暗的
undeclared, 未申报的,未宣布的

作者: lisijuan    时间: 14-5-12 19:26
Blair 发表于 14-5-11 22:48
今天的来了

It is so simple

赞一个
作者: Blair    时间: 14-5-12 23:15
今天看的这个章节是 He is just not that into you if he doesn't want to marry you

Just remember this. Every man you have ever dated who has said he doesn't want to get married or doesn't believe in marriage, or has "issues" with marriage, will rest assured, someday be married. It just will never be with you. Because he is not really saying he doesn't want to get married. He is saying he doesn't want to get married to you. There is nothing wrong with wanting to get married. You shouldn't feel ashamed, needy, or "unliberated" for wanting that. So make sure from the start you pick a guy who shares your views for the future, and if not, move on as quickly as you can. Big plans require big action.

Rest assured, 放心
unliberated, 未经解放的
作者: lisijuan    时间: 14-5-12 23:22
Blair 发表于 14-5-12 23:15
今天看的这个章节是 He is just not that into you if he doesn't want to marry you

Just remember thi ...

看完了,淡淡的忧伤~
作者: Blair    时间: 14-5-12 23:23
lisijuan 发表于 14-5-12 23:22
看完了,淡淡的忧伤~

看得我内伤
作者: 深林飞帆    时间: 14-5-19 11:55
Blair 发表于 14-5-11 22:42
是不是从爷们角度看,这些都是事实呢

单身贵族一个,还谈不上有什么经验。。。
作者: Blair    时间: 14-5-19 17:19
今天我读过的部分来了

I am not ready for marriage. This is the most often used excuse in the world, but it always seems to do the trick.
Women love waiting around for men to be ready. You women must enjoy it, because you do it so much of the time. Which is ironic to me, since you are the ones with the biological clocks that are supposedly ticking away. Listen, we all know that couple who has been dating for five years, eight years and still hasn’t gotten married. We know it never works out well for the couple. So how about you stop waiting-and start looking for that guy who can’t wait to love you.

作者: Blair    时间: 14-5-19 17:32
深林飞帆 发表于 14-5-19 11:55
单身贵族一个,还谈不上有什么经验。。。

单身贵族好
作者: Blair    时间: 14-5-22 17:14
The question at hand is only this: Is he making lame transparent excuses about marriage to cover for the fact that he really doesn’t ever see a future with you. That is a hard question. And women are smart. If they really got quiet and stopped listening to the excuses, or believing what they wanted to be true and what they hope he is really saying, and just got all centered about it, I think women would always know. They’ll always know the difference between a man who truly has issues with marriage but is deeply committed to the relationship and them, and a guy who is just being a weenie.

看来女人天生聪明,都是自己被自己骗了
作者: Blair    时间: 14-5-25 22:58
some reader wrote to the author for help:

I have a boyfriend who keeps breaking with me. He also keeps calling me and begging me to get back together with him, each time telling me that he misses me so much and has made a terrible mistake. He has done this three times now, every six months. I hate it, but I keep taking him back because I love him. I keep telling myself that he must be really into me, if he keeps coming back.
作者: Blair    时间: 14-5-26 17:31
Let's have a look at the author's answer to the above situation :

Funny how you notice how many times your dude comes crawling back to you, while I notice how many times he has told you that he doesn’t ever want to see you ever again. For both of us the number is three, but I’ll put money down that the breakup count isn’t over yet. Because sadly this is what the guy is doing during your relationship recess 休息: He is sniffing around 嗅来嗅去for something better, and when he doesn’t find it, he gets lonely and comes “home”. It is not that he is so into you. It is that he is so not into being alone. Don’t give him the chance to break up with you for the fourth time. God, even the idea of it sounds beneath you, doesn’t it? Reset your breakup maximum to one and move on.
Deciding to get back together with someone is a complicated and difficult decision. Just remember that the person you are getting back together with is the same person who, not long before, looked you in your beautiful face, took full stock of you and all your qualities, and told you that he was no longer in need of your company. If aliens外星人haven’t recently abducted绑架 your beloved and switched his brain for the brain of a guy who is really into you, please consider the option that the bum流浪汉 maybe just got a little lonely.

作者: Blair    时间: 14-6-5 17:47
继续我的英文阅读[w:56]

The reason it’s so painful when someone disappears is you have to face the fact that the person you loved had probably left you a long time before he grabbed his coat and scrammed. The hard part is realizing that he was lying to you, in some way, before the moment of vanishing. Don’t ask yourself what you did wrong or how you could have done it differently. Don’t waste your valuable heart and mind trying to figure out why he did what he did. Or thinking back on all the things he said, and wondering what was the truth and what was the lie. The only thing you need to know is that it is really good news: he has gone.

欢迎光临 Free考研资料 (http://bbs.freekaoyan.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3.2