梦想就会成真。

露出微笑,

你会走出痛苦。

相信苦难定会过去,

你将重获力量。
沙发
 楼主| yx19850621 发表于 07-4-25 14:10:16 | 只看该作者
Lucky to Be Alive

Maria,a gentle,soft-spoken woman o f seventy,had always managed to view the world with a child\'s sense of wonderment.She greeted the dawn of each new day with the brightness of the sun itself and found joy in the smallest of things:a dove perched on her birdfeeder,the fresh morning dew,the sweet scent of jasmine in her garden.

A widow1),Maria lived alone in a run-down2) neighborhood in Deerfield Beach,Florida.One day while out tending the small garden in front  of her modest home,Maria had been injured in a drive-by shooting.The bullet had pierced through her skin with a ferocious3) bite and lodged itself in the old woman\'s right thigh.Crying out in agony,she had dropped to the sidewalk.When the mailman found her unconscious nearly an hour later,her injured leg had been bleeding profusely4).She\'d made it to the hospital just in time and later,the doctor had told Maria she was lucky to be alive.

Returning home,Maria didn\'t feel so lucky.Before the shooting,the elderly woman had always been grateful that she was healthy for her age.Now just getting the daily mail required a Herculean5) effort.In addition,her medical bills were mounting alarmingly,straining her meager income.And although she had watched the neighborhood deteriorate6),somehow things had seemed safe in the daylight--but not anymore.For the first time in her life,Maria felt frightened,alone and vulnerable.

“I feel defeated,”she had told her friend Vera.“I\'m just an old woman with nothing to do and nowhere to go.

”When Vera came to pick up Maria for her checkup at the medical center,she hardly recognized her old friend.Maria\' s soft brown eyes held a haunting sadness and her face was gaunt and haggard.All the curtains were drawn and her hands shook with fear as she hobbled out onto the front porch,a cane stabilizing her injured leg.

They were a little early for Maria\'s appointment,so to try to cheer up Maria,Vera took a longer,more scenic route.They were stopped at a red light when Maria suddenly shrieked.“Look at that cat.It\'s trying to run across the street。”Vera looked up to see a small black-and-white cat bounding out in to the middle of traffic.Both women screamed as they saw one car,then another,and finally a third,hit the cat.The cat lay motionless,its small body flung onto the grass.Cars slowed,but no one stopped to help.

“We must save that poor creature,”said Maria.Vera pulled over,got out of the car and went to the hurt animal.Miraculously7),it was still alive,but badly injured.

“Take my jacket and wrap the kitty in it,”said Maria.Vera carefully put the cat on the seat between them.It looked up at Maria and gave her a plaintive,barely audible meow.

“Everything will be all right,my little friend,”Maria said tearfully.

Finding an animal clinic,they went inside and told the receptionist what had happened.

“I\'m sorry,”she said,“but we cannot accept stray animals.”

It was the same at the next clinic.Finally,at the third clinic,a kind veterinarian8),Dr.Susan Shanahan,agreed to help and quickly started working on the cat.

“This little guy is lucky to be alive,”she told Maria and Vera.“If you hadn\'t been there for him,he never would have made it.”

The vet took Maria aside.“The cat\'s injuries are very serious,”she said.“He has severe head trauma,crushed paws and a cracked collarbone.He\'ll need a lot of expensive medical attention.Today\'s bill alone will cost at least $400.”

Maria gasped.But taking her worn cloth wallet out of her handbag,she gave the doctor all the money she had after paying her bills--$50.

“It\' s all I have right now,but I promise I will pay you the rest over time.Please don\'t put that kitty to sleep.” she pleaded.“I\'ll take him home.We need each other.”

Sensing how important this was,Dr.Shanahan kneeled and took Maria\'s hands in hers.“I could get into trouble with my boss for doing this,”she said gently.“You see,I really shouldn\'t have helped the cat in the first place,but,don\'t worry...I will personally pay for this.”

While the cat was at the clinic,Maria went to check on him every day.She spoke softly to him and gently stroked his chin with her little finger.As the days passed,the cat began to purr9) and the sparkle returned to Maria\'s eyes.

The day arrived for the cat to come home.As excited as a little girl on Christmas morning,Maria smiled brightly as she walked into the clinic to pick him up. “What have you decided to name the cat?” asked Dr.Shanahan.

Cradling the cat in her arms,Maria answered happily,“I\'m going to call him Lucky,because together we have found a new life.”

1.      widow [5widEu] n. 寡妇

2.      run-down 破败的

3.      ferocious [fE5rEuFEs] adj. <口>十分强烈的, 极度的

4.      profusely [prEJ`fjU:slI] adv. 丰富地,大量的

5.      Herculean [7hE:kju:5ljEn] adj. 力大无比的, 巨大的

6.      deteriorate [di5tiEriEreit] v. (使)恶化

7.      miraculous [mi5rAkjulEs] adj. 奇迹般的, 不可思议的

8.      veterinarian [7vetEri5nZEriEn] n. 兽医

9.      purr [pE:] v. 咕噜咕噜叫, 发出喉音

活着真幸运

70岁的玛丽亚性情温和,说话轻声细语。她总是用孩子般的新奇目光观察世界。玛丽亚以欢快的心情迎接每一天的到来,她善于从生活中最细微的事情中寻得欢乐:从栖息在食糟上的鸽子、清新的晨露、到花园里茉莉花的芳香。

寡居的玛丽亚独自一人住在佛罗里达州迪尔菲尔德市一个破败的街区。有一天,她正在那间简朴的屋前侍弄着她的小花园,一颗流弹击中了她。子弹穿过皮肉,射入她的右腿,一阵钻心的疼痛。玛丽亚痛苦地叫喊着,倒在人行道上。被邮递员发现时,她已经失去知觉近一个小时,受伤的腿流血不止。她被及时地送进了医院。事后医生说她能活下来真是幸运。

出院回家后,玛丽亚并不觉得有多么幸运。遭枪击前,这位高龄的妇女一直庆幸她这么大的年纪还很健康。可是现在每天出屋取一趟邮件都要费好大的劲。况且,她那微薄的收入已经不敷支付纷至沓来的医院帐单。虽然从前她眼看着她所在的地区世风日下,但不管怎样白天治安情况还算可以,可现在却不行了。玛丽亚有生以来第一次感到害怕、孤独和脆弱。

“我垮了,”玛丽亚告诉她朋友薇拉说,“我只是个老太太,无事可干,也无处可去。”薇拉来接她去医院检查,她几乎没认出她的老朋友。玛丽亚那浅棕色眼睛显露一丝令人难忘的忧虑,她面容瘦削,憔悴。屋里的窗帘全拉着。她拄着拐棍支撑那条伤腿,一瘸一拐地朝前廊挪动,两手因恐惧而不停地颤抖。

离预约的时间还早了些,为了让玛丽亚心情好点,薇拉绕远经过景致宜人的街区。在等红灯的时候,玛丽亚突然尖叫着说,“瞧那只猫。它想过马路。”薇拉抬头看见一只黑白相间的小猫从路边向车流跳去。先是一辆,然后另一辆,接着第三辆,连着三辆车撞了小猫,薇拉和玛丽亚同时尖声喊叫。小猫给甩在草地上,躺在那儿一动不动。来往汽车都减速了,可是没人停车相助。

“咱们得救救那可怜的小东西。”玛丽亚说道。薇拉把车靠在路边,下车走向那受伤的小猫。它还奇迹般地活着,但伤得很厉害。

“用我的上衣裹上它。”玛丽亚说道。薇拉小心翼翼地把猫放在她们俩之间的座位上。小猫抬头瞧着玛丽亚,痛苦地发出轻到几乎听不见的一声“喵”。

玛丽亚含着泪水说,“小家伙,一切都会过去的。”

她们找到了一家动物诊所,进去告诉接待员所发生的事。

“我很抱歉,”接待员说道,“我们不接待无主的动物。”

在第二家诊所也是同样的遭遇。最后,在第三家,心地善良的兽医苏珊·沙纳汉同意相助,立即动手抢救。

“这小家伙能活着真幸运,”她告诉玛丽亚和薇拉说,“你们要是不救它,它就没命了。”

兽医把玛丽亚领到一边。“小猫伤得很重,”她说,“头部有伤,爪子压断,锁骨骨折。治疗费用会很昂贵。光今天一笔花销就得400块钱。”

玛丽亚听了倒抽一口气,可她还是从手提袋里拿出旧布钱包,给了医生50块钱。这是她付了自己的医疗费后仅剩的钱。

“我的钱全在这儿了,不过我答应你过后还清其余的钱。请你不要让它安乐死,”她哀求道,“我打算带它回家。我需要它,它也需要我。”

沙纳汉医生意识到救活那只猫有多么重要,她弯下身来,握住玛丽亚的双手,温和地说道,“老板要是知道我这么做,我就会有麻烦了。其实,一开始我就不该抢救这只猫,不过,别担心……我自己掏腰包先把钱付了。”

小猫待在诊所的日子里,玛丽亚每天都去看望它。她轻声细气地跟它说话,用小指轻轻抚摸小猫的下巴。日子一天天过去,小猫开始呜呜做声,玛丽亚的眼睛又闪烁着喜悦的光。

小猫回家的日子到来了。激动得如同圣诞节早上的小女孩,玛丽亚满面春风地走进诊所接小猫。“你给它想好名字了吗?”沙纳汉医生问道。

玛丽亚怀里抱着小猫,高兴地回答说,“我打算管它叫‘幸运’,因为我们俩一起获得新的生命。”
板凳
 楼主| yx19850621 发表于 07-4-25 14:14:47 | 只看该作者
Room For The Future

At the age of forty-five,my usually well-ordered life became fraught with changes.

After twenty-two years of working for a major financial institution,a downsizing initiative and a major bank merger resulted in the elimination1) of over one hundred jobs,mine being one of them.

My once secure future became a fallacy2).However,I was one of the lucky ones.I was not a single parent,nor dependent solely on my income,but just like the other ex-bankers,I had become a disposable3) employee,and a statistician.

My mantra4) has always been,“change is good,change is progress,”but when it affected my livelihood,I had to revise it to,“accept change and make the most of it.”From the beginning,I chose to look at this occurrence not as a misfortune,but as a welcome opportunity.I refused to become depressed or bitter;instead,I eagerly anticipated doing something new and different.

Having a positive attitude made all the difference in the way I perceived the future.First,I decided to return to college and graduate,several decades later than I should have.Doing this at my age took more than a little courage.Not being a graduate had never held me back in my career with the bank,but now it was a personal goal I longed to achieve.With a little trepidation5) and a lot of determination,I registered for evening classes,and became an adult student.

Oral presentations were often required for one class.I remember thinking that if I had known this beforehand,I would have taken something else to achieve my required accreditation.By nature,I am a rather reticent6) individual,and speaking in front of people terrified me.As I stood in front of the other adults with whom I shared a common goal,my knees were visibly knocking,and my heartbeat almost audible.Somehow,I found my voice and squeaked out my presentation.The next time it was easier,and soon,I was starting to enjoy it a little.Later in the year,I even voluntarily interviewed a local reporter for an English assignment,much to the amazement of my teacher.My confidence level soared.Suddenly I felt like I could accomplish anything.

During this time,I realized that no matter what life throws our way,personal growth never stops.It comes from within,and needs only to be challenged in order to surface.It is entirely possible to step out of one\'s comfort zone to learn something new. My experience of going back to school ended up being far more valuable than just acquiring a diploma.

The second thing I did to improve my inner self was to reevaluate7) my life.It used to be filled with endless,and sometimes meaningless,events.Now,instead of working towards materialistic things and personal glorification,my heart and life are firmly entwined around people I care for.

Yes,having a fulfilling career is important,but it is no longer my reason for being.When I rejoin the “rat race8)”,it will be on my terms,as nurturing my soul is my first priority.Having simplified my life,I am enjoying living now,instead of just existing to make a living.

Is there life after banking?You bet there is.

The loss of my job was responsible for some positive changes in my life.Revisiting the past made room for the future.As I contemplate the meaning of my mantra,“change is good,change is progress”,I realize that I have accepted the change,and am making the most of it.

And,I have only just begun.The best is yet to come.
未来大有可为
在45岁时,我一向有条不紊的生活风云骤起,充满变数。

供职于一家重要的金融机构22年后,我突然失去了工作。原因是一次裁员和一次重大的银行并购导致100多名员工被裁,其中便有我。

一夜之间,我对未来曾抱有的安全感被证明是毫无根据的。然而,我还是幸运的。我不是单亲,工薪也不是我的惟一收入来源,但是正像其他前银行职员一样,我成了一名可有可无的雇员,一名统计人员。

我的祷文一向是,“变是好事,变是进步”,但当它真的影响到我的生活时,我不得不将之改为“接受变并善加利用”。我一开始就愿把这一生活变化视为一个很好的机会,而不是一种不幸。我拒绝抑郁、愤懑,而是热切地期望尝试新的、不同以往的事情。

这种积极的态度使我对未来的看法完全变了。首先,我决定重返大学,拿下毕业文凭,虽然已晚了几十年。这般年龄采取如此行动是需要拿出些勇气的。没有大学文凭并没有影响我在银行的职业生涯,但获得学位确是我的平生夙愿。我有些忐忑不安,但决心很大,我在夜校班报了名,成为一名成人学生。有一门课程常常要求学生进行口头陈述。记得我曾想过,如果我事先知道这一要求,我会选择别的课程来挣够学分。我天性少言寡语,在众人面前说话令我十分畏惧。当我站在其他和我有着共同目标的成人面前时,我的双膝直打颤,心都快跳到嗓子眼儿了。但我终于开了口,勉勉强强把陈述做了下来。第二次就容易多了。不久,我开始有点喜欢上这种课堂活动了。那年,我竟主动为一项英语作业采访了一位当地记者,让我的老师惊叹不已。我的自信大增。忽然我感觉没有我做不成的事情。

在这期间,我意识到,不管我们在人生的旅途中有何种遭遇,个人的成长是永无止境的,它是内在的需要,只有迎接挑战,才能超越自我。跳出自己的“舒适圈”去学些新的东西是完全可能的。重返学校,我收获良多,远远超过一张学位证书。

我完善自我的第二件事是重新审视我的生活道路。我过去的生活尽是些没完没了的事情,有时毫无意义,总之是逃不脱名利二字。现在,我的身心与我所关心的人紧紧地连在一起。

是的,事业有成是重要的,但它已不再是我生活的目标。如果我重返“激烈的竞争”,那必须是按照我的条件,因为我把滋养灵魂视为第一重要。简化了生活之后,我是真正在享受生活,而不是为生计而生存。

银行生涯之后还有生活吗?当然有。

丢了工作促成了我生活中一些积极的改变。重访过去为未来打开了空间。当我细细琢磨我的祷文“变是好事,变是进步”时,我意识到我已接受了变,并在充分利用它。

新生活刚刚开始。精彩的还在后头。

1.      elimination [i7limi5neiFEn] n. 去掉, 消除

2.      fallacy [5fAlEsi] n. 谬误, 谬论

3.      disposable [dis5pEuzEbl] adj. 可任意使用的

4.      mantra [5mQntrE, 5mAn-] 颂歌, 祷文(尤指四吠陀经典内作为咒文或祷告唱念的)

5.      trepidation [trepi5deiFEn] n. 颤抖

6.      reticent [5retisEnt] adj. 沉默寡言的

7.      reevaluate [9ri:I`vAljJeIt] v. 再评估, 再评价

8.      rat race  n. 激烈的竞争, 你死我活的竞争
地板
 楼主| yx19850621 发表于 07-4-25 14:20:29 | 只看该作者
Think of What You Have Instead of What You Want

In over a dozen years as a stress consultant1),one of the most pervasive2) and destructive3) mental tendencies4) I\'ve seen is that of focusing on what we want instead of what we have.It doesn\'t seem to make any difference how much we have;we just keep expanding our list of desires,which guarantees we will remain dissatisfied.The mind-set that says“I\'ll be happy when this desire is fulfilled” is the same mind-set that will repeat itself once that desire is met.

A friend of ours closed escrow5) on his new home on a Sunday.The very next time we saw him he was talking about his next house that was going to be even bigger.He  isn\'t alone.Most of us do the very same thing.We want  this or that.If we don\' t get what we want we keep thinking about all that we don\'t have--and we remain dissatisfied.If we do get what we want,we simply recreate the same thinking in our new circumstances.So,despite getting what we want,we still remain unhappy.Happiness can\'t be found when we are yearning for new desires6).

Luckily,there is a way to be happy.It involves changing the emphasis of our thinking from what we want  to what we have.Rather than wishing y our spouse was different,try thinking about her wonderful qualities.Instead of complaining about your salary,be grateful that you have a job.Rather than wishing you were able to take a vacation to Hawaii,think of how much fun you have had close to home.The list of possibilities is endless.Each time you notice yourself falling into the “I wish life were different ” trap,back off and start over.Take a breath and remember all that you have to be grateful.When you focus not on what you want,but on what you have,you end up getting more of what you want anyway.If you focus on the good qualities of your spouse,she\'ll be more loving.If you are grateful for your job rather than complaining about it,you\'ll do a better job,be more productive,and probably end up getting a raise any way.If you focus on ways to enjoy yourself around home  rather than waiting to enjoy yourself in Hawaii,you\'ll end up having more fun.If you ever do get to Hawaii,you\'ll be in the habit of enjoying yourself.And,if by some chance you don\' t,you\'ll have a great life anyway.

Make a note to yourself to start thinking more about what you have than what you want.If you do,your life will start appearing much better than before.For perhaps the first time in your life,you\'ll know what it means to feel satisfied.
想想你所拥有的而非你所想得到的
在作压力咨询顾问这十几年期间,我所见到的最为普遍最具毁灭性的心理趋向,就是专注于我们想要得到的而非我们所拥有的。我们到底拥有多少似乎并不重要;我们只是一味地扩展我们的欲望单,而这就注定我们永远不会满足。“这一欲望得到满足后我就会幸福”---这种心态在该欲望真的满足后又会有。

我们的一位朋友于某个星期天履行完他新房子的契约。就在我们再次见到他时,他大谈他下一栋更大的房子。他这样的人并不罕见。我们大多数人做着类似的事情。我们要这要那,如果我们没有得到自己想要的,便不住地想我们没有的---于是我们就老是不满。可如果我们真地得到了自己想要的,又会在新的情况下抱同样的想法。于是,尽管我们得到了自己想要的,我们依然不快活。当我们不断渴求新的欲望时,幸福无法驻留我们的心间。

幸运的是,有一种办法能让我们幸福,这便是把我们考虑的重点从我们想要得到的转到我们所拥有的。与其希望你的配偶应该怎样怎样,不妨想想她可爱的品质。与其抱怨你的薪水,不妨感激你有一份工作。与其希望你能够去夏威夷度假,不妨想想你在家门口已找到了多少乐趣。这种可能性的单子是列不完的。每当你发现自己陷入“我多么希望生活是另一番景象”这一陷阱时,赶紧抽身重新想一想,吸一口气,记住你所拥有的,这样心里就会感激。你如果注重你所拥有的而非你想要得到的,你最终得到的比你想要的要多。如果你注重的是你配偶的良好品质,她会更加温柔体贴。如果你对你的工作心存感激而非一味抱怨,你会做得更好,更有成果,或许最终也会加薪。如果你琢磨的是如何在家门口玩得开心,而非等着去夏威夷玩儿,你最终会得到更多的乐趣。如果你真能去成夏威夷,那么你就已经很会玩儿个痛快了。即使由于某些原因你没能去成,你的生活依然是丰富多彩的。

记住要开始多想想自己拥有的而不是自己渴求的。如果你做到的话,你的生活就会显得比以往要美好得多。也许这是生平第一次,但你会领悟到心满意足的意义。
1.      stress consultant 压力咨询

2.      pervasive [pE:5veisiv] adj. 普遍深入的

3.      destructive [dis5trQktiv] adj. 破坏(性)的

4.      mental tendency 心理趋势

5.      escrow [es5krEu] n. 由第三者保存附带条件委付盖印的契约

6.       desire [di5zaiE] n. 愿望, 心愿, 要求
5#
 楼主| yx19850621 发表于 07-4-25 14:27:18 | 只看该作者
    Bill Gates\' 11 Rules

In Bill Gates\' Book for high school and college graduates,there is a list of 11thing s they did not learn in school.In his book,Bill Gates talks about how feel-good,politically-correct teachings created a full generation of kids with no concept of reality and how this education set them up for failure in the real world.

The 11things are:

1.Life is not fair,get used to it.

2.The world won\' t care about your selfesteem1).The world will expect you to accomplish something before you feel good about yourself.

3.You will not make 40thousand dollars a year right  out of high school.You won\' t be a vice president with a car phone,until you earn both.

4.If you think your teacher is tough,wait till you get a boss.He doesn\'t have tenure2).

5.Flipping burgers is not beneath your dignity.Your grandparents had a different word for burger3) flipping;they called it opportunity.

6.If you mess up4),it\'s not your parents\' fault,so don\' t whine about our mistakes,learn from them.

7.Before you were born,your parents weren\'t as boring as they are now.They got that way from paying your bills,cleaning your clothes an d listening to you talk about how cool you are.So before you save the rain forest from the parasites5) of your parents\' generation,try“delousing6)”the closet in your own room.

8.Your school may have done away with winners and losers,but life has not.In some schools they have abolished failing grades;they\'ll give you as many times as you want to get the right answer.This doesn\'t bear the slightest resemblance7) to anything in real life.

9.Life is not divided into semesters.You don\'t get summers off and very few employers are interested in helping you find yourself.Do that on your own time.

10.Television is NOT real life.In real life people actually have to leave the coffee shop and go to jobs.

11.Be nice to nerds.Chances are you\'ll end up working for one.
比尔·盖茨的11条准则
在比尔·盖茨写给高中毕业生和大学毕业生的书里,有一个单子上面列有11项学生没能在学校里学到的事情。比尔·盖茨在书中谈到让你感觉良好的“政治上正确”的教导培养出一整代不知现实为何物的年轻人,这种教育只能导致他们成为真实世界中的失败者。

这11项事情是:

1.生活是不公平的;要去适应它。

2.这世界并不会在意你的自尊。这世界指望你在自我感觉良好之前先要有所成就。

3.高中刚毕业你不会一年挣4万美元。你不会成为一个公司的副总裁,并拥有一部装有电话的汽车,直到你将此职位和汽车电话都挣到手。

4.如果你认为你的老师严厉,等你有了老板再这样想。老板可是没有任期限制的。

5.烙牛肉饼并不有损你的尊严。你的祖父母对烙牛肉饼可有不同的定义;他们称它为机遇。

6.如果你陷入困境,那不是你父母的过错,所以不要尖声抱怨我们的错误,要从中汲取教训。

7.在你出生之前,你的父母并非像他们现在这样乏味。他们变成今天这个样子是因为这些年来他们一直在为你付账单,给你洗衣服,听你大谈你是如何地酷。所以,如果你想消灭你父母那一辈中的“寄生虫”来拯救雨林的话,还是先去清除你房间衣柜里的虫子吧。

8.你的学校也许已经不再分优等生和劣等生,但生活却仍在作出类似区分。在某些学校已经废除不及格分;只要你想找到正确答案,学校会给你无数次机会。这和现实生活中的任何事情没有一点相似之处。

9.生活不分学期。你并没有暑假可以休息,也没有几位雇主乐于帮你发现自我。自己找时间做吧。

10.电视并不是真实的生活。在现实生活中,人们实际上得离开咖啡屋去干自己的工作。

11.善待乏味的人。有可能到头来你会为一个乏味的人工作。
1.      selfesteem [selfis5ti:m] n. 自尊

2.      tenure [5tenjuE] n. 期限

3.      burger [5bE:^E] n. 碎肉夹饼, 各种夹饼

4.      mess up 搞糟, 陷入困境

5.      parasite [5pArEsait] n. 寄生虫, 食客

6.       delouse [di:5laus] vt. 驱除虫子

7.       resemblance [ri5zemblEns] n. 类同之处
6#
fengshuzi 发表于 07-4-27 15:54:38 | 只看该作者
哇,这么多好文章
7#
marlowe 发表于 07-4-27 17:19:08 | 只看该作者

回复 #6 fengshuzi 的帖子

文章虽好,还要慢慢消化,好好利用哦!
8#
 楼主| yx19850621 发表于 07-4-28 16:49:42 | 只看该作者
后续的好文章还要靠你们填充!
你们要更好的引导新的会员参与,让他们都能进来互动!
把这里发展的更好!
9#
 楼主| yx19850621 发表于 07-5-10 12:45:05 | 只看该作者
Life Is What We Make It

Are you dissatisfied with today\'s success? It is the harvest from yesterday\'s sowing. Do you dream of a golden morrow? You will reap what you are sowing today. We get out of life just what we put into it.

Nature takes on our moods: she laughs with those who laugh and weeps with those who weep. If we rejoice and are glad the very birds sing more sweetly, the woods and streams murmur our song. But if we are sad and sorrowful a sudden gloom falls upon Nature\'s face; the sun shines, but not in our hearts, the birds sing,but not to us.

The future will be just what we make it. Our purpose will give it its character
One\'s resolution is one\'s prophecy. Leave all your discouraging pessimism behind. Do not prophesy evil, but good. Men of hope come to the front.

——Orison Swett Marden
10#
 楼主| yx19850621 发表于 07-5-10 12:48:52 | 只看该作者
生活靠我们自己创造

你对今天的成就感到不满意吗?今天的丰收源自昨日的播种。 你梦想有一个金色的明天吗?你今天种下了什么,将来就会收获什么。我们从生活中获取我们所投入的。
    大自然是受我们的情绪影响的;你笑她也笑,你哭她就哭。如果我们的心情是喜悦的,鸟儿们的歌声会分外甜美,森林和小溪也会吟唱着我们的歌儿。但如果我们本身充满忧伤,大自然就会被一层阴暗的气氛所笼罩。太阳虽然灿烂,但照不到我们的心里;鸟儿们虽然在歌唱,但与我们产生不了共鸣。
    未来是我们自己创造的。我们的人生目标决定着它的性质;我们的决心是它的预言。抛开令人沮丧的悲观情绪吧!心里充满希望的人总能走在最前面的。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|Free考研资料 ( 苏ICP备05011575号 )

GMT+8, 24-4-28 08:27 , Processed in 0.095461 second(s), 10 queries , Gzip On, Xcache On.