注册
打印 上一主题 下一主题

胡敏读故事记单词(考研英语词汇) 的mp3

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
newage 发表于 07-5-14 12:57:50 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
第一篇:The Times of Lincoln
Abraham Lincoln was the  16th president of the United States of America. He is remembered for many things including his log-cabin home, his absurd looking clothing accessory,a top-hat,but Lincoln's absolute most important contribution to America's history was slavery,a very hard task to accomplish at the time.In the middle of the 19th century,America was split by an abstract border.The country was cut into two parts: the North and the South.There were  an abnormal separation.For instance,the North held all of the Universities and Minitary Academies whereas in the South,access to such institutions was limited.Also,Northerners spoke standard American English while Southerners spoke with a Southern accent.But the largest difference that abound between the North and the South at that time was slavery and all of the aspects that accompanied it.
  The North thought that the South should abandon slavery because,in most cases,slaves faced daily abuse from their owners.Most Northerners tried to abide by the rule that "All men are created equal." These reasons largely account for the American Civil War.The Civil War was a
long,brutal war with a very high casualty rate.Many young men,from both the North and the South were killed on the battlefield;the death toll was also accelerated by the fact that small Army hospitals could not accommodate so many wounded soliders.
  The Civil War was filled with heroes on both sides of the battlefield.Names like U.S.Grant,General Sherman,and the acclaimed Southern General Robert E.Lee.All of these men fought bravely and made harrowing decisions on their own accord.But Lincoln is probably most often associated with his leadshipof the country during this difficult period.He was a firm believer that slavery was wrong and he fought hard to stop it.In 1863,Lincoln signed "the Emancipation Proclamation" which legally granted freedom to all slaves livingin America.But in 1865,Lincoln's life came to an abrupt end while he was watching a play at Ford's Theater in Washington D.C. His death was not an accident;he was assassinated by a man named John Wilkes Booth.
  Not long after Lincoln's death,the North defeated the South and Civil War was ended. The South was no longer thought of as another country, but part of America.And all of the slaves living and working in the South and North were freed and absorbed into society.

第二篇:Mike - a Story of Personal Change
Mike could hardly be described as your typical adolescent.He would casually acknowledge to his few friends that he liked to watch DVDs,although perhaps a more accurate description was that he was a DVD addict.Over the last six month,Mike had accumulated thousands of DVDs.When he was not at school,he had become accumulated to spending his time wandering the streets of the city,acquiring more and more films. Indeed,it became a joke that if asked for his address,he would give the address of the DVD shop adjacent to our school since he apent so much time there.
  Mike hated attending school.In his eyes, its only advantage was its location.During lessons,he  adopted a rather cool demeanor towards most of his classmates and was often accused of being aloof.All he seemed concernd about was adding to his DVD collection.In truth,Mike had not adapted to life at the school very well.Perhaps he felt that he still needed adequate
time to adjust to a new environment although no one could work out why he harbored such an acute feeling of self-pity.
  As someone who also adores watching films,I had slowly become acquainted with Mike.I had often seen him in the DVD shop which adjoined our school,yet it took a long time before  he responded to my advances of friendship.Naybe it was an exaggeration to say we were actually friends,although he would at least acknowledge my presense with a cursory nod of the head when he saw me.
  One day,I was asked to administrate our school's new film club.I was a little worried about asking Mike to help me select suitable films in case he said no.However,I needn't have worried.Mike's face lit up as he scrutinized a poster I had just adhered to the wall.The poster adverised the grand opening of the Film Club the following week."Hey David," he muttered excitedly,"I want to be involved with that."
  The change in Mike's behavior over the next month was dramatic.I have no doubt that it was the Film Club which activated the turn around.Once a boy who spent most of his time sulking,Mike was now a model student.Before each film was shown,he would give a very informative speech about the director and main actors.Everyone was impressed by his knowledge and passion for films and he suddenly became extremely popular at school.

不好意思没有文本文件 都是我自己敲出来的,一天发一些

[ 本帖最后由 海豚宝贝 于 2007-5-15 09:53 AM 编辑 ]

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?注册

x

评分

参与人数 2金币 +2 收起 理由
gqqz + 1 感谢您积极参与论坛交流
wangwenjia + 1 感谢您发起很有讨论价值的话题

查看全部评分

推荐
 楼主| newage 发表于 07-5-15 08:04:18 | 只看该作者

胡敏读故事记单词(考研英语词汇) 的mp3 18-23

18 - 23
Professor Debt
The Cruise
Celia Under The Weather
My Paper Route
Army Drill Sergeant
Forcus on Relationships

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?注册

x
沙发
playindream0 发表于 07-5-14 14:54:00 | 只看该作者

回复 #1 newage 的帖子

谢谢  多关照
板凳
天意 发表于 07-5-14 18:33:26 | 只看该作者
多谢
地板
whb_jack 发表于 07-5-14 22:06:46 | 只看该作者
好啊
5#
liuyan1031 发表于 07-5-14 23:02:46 | 只看该作者
这么好的东西呀
6#
xin85 发表于 07-5-14 23:06:43 | 只看该作者
顶,谢谢
7#
 楼主| newage 发表于 07-5-15 07:54:11 | 只看该作者

胡敏读故事记单词(考研英语词汇) 的mp3 6-11

打字速度太慢了 先把mp3都传上来
文本就慢慢更新啦 请大家原谅
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
文件尺寸: 小于 2148 kb (一次上传附件总尺寸最大不要超过8MB)
可用扩展名: zip, rar, doc, gif, jpg, jpeg, png, pdf, ppt
欢迎来到免费考研网www.freekaoyan.com

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?注册

x
8#
 楼主| newage 发表于 07-5-15 07:59:01 | 只看该作者

胡敏读故事记单词(考研英语词汇) 的mp3 12-17

12 - 17

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?注册

x
10#
 楼主| newage 发表于 07-5-15 08:16:00 | 只看该作者

胡敏读故事记单词(考研英语词汇) 的mp3 24-29

Billy Pays a Call 比利访亲
Crossing the Ocean(MayFlower) 五月花飘洋过海
Strange Mountain 奇怪的山
Ups and Downs 十年河东 十年河西
Fashion Show 时装秀
May Day 五朔节

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?注册

x
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|Free考研资料 ( 苏ICP备05011575号 )

GMT+8, 24-9-21 08:31 , Processed in 0.095565 second(s), 13 queries , Gzip On, Xcache On.