楼主| ultradc 发表于 07-6-5 14:51:42 | 只看该作者
1. knock和at似乎没关系?
Did I hear a knock at the door? 是有人敲门吗?
其它释义:打击;敲击的声音;敲、打;

2. stand on his head
stand on one\'s own feet = depend on oneself 独立

3. in return for = as repayment; as a reward 作为回报

4. go away
   = leave       There was no answer to my knock, so I went away.
  = cease     If this pain doesn\'t go away soon. I\'ll go mad.

5. call at
   = pay a visit to (a place)  拜访(某场所)     We call at our new neighbour\'s house last week.
   =  ( of a ship ) stop for a short time at (船)短暂停靠       The train calls at every station.
42#
 楼主| ultradc 发表于 07-6-5 14:59:38 | 只看该作者
5月6日
2-7 Too late

The plane was late and detectives were waiting at the airport all morning. They were expecting a valueable parcel of diamonds from South Africa. A few hours earlier someone had told the police that the thielves(thieves) would try to steal the diamonds. While(When) the plane arrived, some detectives were waiting in(inside) the main building while others were waiting at(on) the air field. Two men took the parcel off the plane and carried it to(into) the Customs House. While two detectives were keeping guard at the door, two others opened the parcel. To their surprise, the precious parcel was full of stones and sand.
43#
 楼主| ultradc 发表于 07-6-5 15:15:44 | 只看该作者
1. all morning 为何不用 all the morning?

2. a few hours earlier/a few hours ago
查词典知前者用于完成时,后者用于一般过去时

3. inside the building/on the airfield

4. carry it into Customs House

5. to sb\'s surprise

6. full of

7. sand: 查词典为 U.C 不过一般用sands阿,这里为何是stones and sand?
44#
 楼主| ultradc 发表于 07-6-6 19:35:43 | 只看该作者
谢谢海棠![s:4]
这么多分的奖励亚!海棠对我真好![s:9]
我一定继续努力,早日背完新概念!
45#
 楼主| ultradc 发表于 07-6-6 21:49:26 | 只看该作者
5月7日
2-8 The best and the Worst

Joe Sanders has the most beautiful garden in the(our) town. Nearly everyone(everybody) enters for the \'Nicest Garden Competition\' each year, but Joe wins every time. Bill Frith\'s Garden is larger than Joe\'s. Bill works harder than Joe and grows more flowers and vegetables.(,) B(b)ut Joe\'s Garden is more interesting. He has made a neat path(s) in his garden and has built a (wooden) bridge over a pool. I like gardens too, but I do not like hard work. Every year I enter for (the)garden competition too.(,) A(a)nd I always win a little prize for the worst garden in the town.
46#
 楼主| ultradc 发表于 07-6-6 22:30:01 | 只看该作者
1. everyone = everybody

2. each year为何不用every year
each每一、各一(与单数可数名词和单数动词连用)
Each day passed without any news.
Each of us has a company car. / We each have a company car.
He gave us 5 each. / The cakes are 20p each.
each和every一般都可以做限定词;用于单数可数名词之前
each用以指一个群体(至少2个)中的个别个体
every指一个群体(至少三个)中侧重于全体的所有个体,而不在个别的个体;

3. neat path

4. over a pool
47#
 楼主| ultradc 发表于 07-6-7 00:42:49 | 只看该作者
5月7日
2-9 A cold welcome

On Wednesday evening(,) we went to the town hall(Town Hall). It was the last day of the year and a large crowd of people had gathered under the town hall(Town Hall) clock.  It would strike twelve in twenty minutes(\') time. Fifteen minutes passed by and then, at five to twelve, the clock stopped. The big minute hand did not move. We waited and waited(,) but nothing happened. Suddenly someone shouted. \'It\'s two past twelve! The clock has stopped.\' I looked at my watch. It was true. The big clock refused to welcome the new year. At that moment, people(everbody) began to laugh and sing.
48#
 楼主| ultradc 发表于 07-6-8 09:03:32 | 只看该作者
1. Town Hall

2. a large crowd of
词典没查到,在网上搜索了下,找到了这个笑话:
What a large crowd

A man was traveling down a country road when he saw a large group of people outside a house. He stopped and asked a person why the large crowd was there.
A farmer replied, \"Joe\'s mule kicked his mother-in-law and she died.\"
\"Well,\" replied the man, \"she must have had a lot of friends.\"
\"Nope,\" said the farmer, \"we all just want to buy his mule.\"

3. in twenty minutes\' time

4. minute hand 分针

5. at that moment
49#
qiweigr 发表于 07-6-11 19:54:35 | 只看该作者
水木好几天没来了哦~~~
给你顶起~~~
50#
 楼主| ultradc 发表于 07-6-13 11:21:19 | 只看该作者
5月8日
2-10 Not for Jazz

We have an old musical instrument. It is called a clavichord. It was made in Germany in 1681. Our clavichord is kept in the living room. It has belonged to our family for a long time. It (The instrument) was bought by my grandfather many years ago. Recently it was demaged by a visitor. She tried to play Jazz(jazz) on it. She struck the key(s) too hard and two of (the)strings were broken. My father was shocked. Now we are not allowed to touch it. It is being repaired by a friend of my father\'s.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|Free考研资料 ( 苏ICP备05011575号 )

GMT+8, 24-4-27 22:23 , Processed in 0.087953 second(s), 9 queries , Gzip On, Xcache On.