找回密码
 注册
打印 上一主题 下一主题

4月12日,开始背新概念拉! 开帖纪录中...

[复制链接]
61#
 楼主| ultradc 发表于 07-6-28 17:56:44 | 只看该作者
2-14

1. in the south of / in south of 区别竟然忘了...

2. apart from

1) = besides 除...外
2) = without, independent of
Jack stood apart from his father.
3) =except for, without the exception of 撇开
Apart from that, all goes well.

3. at all
1) = thoroughly 在各个方面
2) = in the least 任何;最轻程度的
Do you feel ill at all?
3) = for any reason 究竟
Do you know at all?
62#
 楼主| ultradc 发表于 07-6-28 18:33:47 | 只看该作者
5月16日

2-15 Good news

The secretary told me that Mr. Harmsworth would like to see me. I felt (very) nervous when I came(went) into his office. He did not look up from his desk when I entered. After I (had) sat down, he told me(said) that the business was very bad. He said(told me) that the firm could not afford (to pay) such big(large) salaries. Twenty people had already left. I knew my turn had come.
\'Mr. Harmsworth,\'I speaked(said) in a weak voice.
\'Don\'t interrupt,\' he said. And t(T)hen he smiled and told me I would receive an extra 1000 pound a year.
63#
 楼主| ultradc 发表于 07-6-28 18:36:09 | 只看该作者
遇到海棠了哦...
海棠真是勤劳的,认真负责的斑斑啊...
另人敬佩...
你也多保重哦,加油!!
64#
 楼主| ultradc 发表于 07-6-28 19:35:51 | 只看该作者
2-15

afford

1. (usu. with can, could or be able to) have enough money, time, space, etc. for...

2. (usu. with can or could) be able to do sth without risk to oneself 能不冒险而做某事
You can ill afford to criticize others when you behave so badly yourself.

3. ~sth (to sb.) provide sth; give sth
The tree afforded (us) welcome shade. 这棵树下好乘凉。
65#
 楼主| ultradc 发表于 07-6-28 20:45:50 | 只看该作者
5月16日

2-16 A polite request

If you park your car in a(the) wrong place, a traffic policeman will soon find it. You will be lucky if he let you go without a ticket. But(However,) this will(does) not always happen. Traffic police are sometimes very polite. Last year when I had(During) a holiday in Sweden, a police left me a message on my car(I found this note on my car). \'Sir, we welcome you to our city. This is a no parking area. You will enjoy in this city(your stay here) if you pay attention to our street sign(s). This is only a reminder.\' If you receive a request like that(this), you can not refuse(fail) to obey it.
66#
 楼主| ultradc 发表于 07-6-28 21:21:06 | 只看该作者
2-16

1. sometimes 有时候,间或; 偶尔
   sometime  1) 在某个时候  also \'some time\' = at a particular but unspecified time
                    2) (formly) 从前的
2. ticket   here = official notice of an offence against traffic regulations  (交通违章)通知单,罚款单

3. sign  1) mark, symbol, etc.  used to represent sth.
           此处 2) board, notice, etc. that directs sb. towards sth., give a warning, advertises a business, etc.  牌子,牌示;指示牌;招牌
eg. traffic signs, a shop-sign, pub-sign...
67#
 楼主| ultradc 发表于 07-7-3 09:36:54 | 只看该作者
打算近期把以前学习的新概念都更新到这个帖子中...

这是今天复习了的3-1 A puma at large

Pumas are large, cat-like animals which are found in America. When reports cames into London Zoo that a (wild) puma was(had been) spotted forty-five miles south of london, they were not taken seriously. However, as the evidence began (to) accumulate, the experts from the zoo felt obliged to investigate, for the descriptions given by people who claimed to see(have seen) the puma were extrodinarily(extraordinarily) similar.

The hunt for the puma began in a small village where a woman picking blackberrys(balckberries) saw \'a large cat\' only five yards away from her. It immediately ran away when she saw it, and experts comfirmed that a puma would(will) not attack a human being unless it was(is) cornered. The hunt(search) proved difficult, for the puma was often observed at one place in the morning and at another place twenty miles away in the evening. Wherever it goes(went), it left behind him(it) a trail of dead deers(deer) or(and) small animals like rabbits. Paw prints were seen at a lot of (in a number of) places and puma fur was found clinging to bushes. Some(Several) people complained of \'cat-like\' noises at night and a business man(businessman) on a fishing trip saw the puma up a tree. Now the experts were (now) fully convinced that the animal was a pump, but where had it come from? As no pumas was(had been) reported missing from any zoo of(in) the country, this one must had(have) been in the possession of a private collector and somehow managed to escape. The hunt went on for several weeks, but the puma was not caught. It is disturbing to think a wild large(dangerous wild) animal is still at large in the quiet countryside.  
68#
 楼主| ultradc 发表于 07-7-3 09:46:59 | 只看该作者
不觉中发现自己经常犯以下几个错误:

1. 时态
尤其是句中的先于动词发生之前的事情,必须用完成时态!!必须切记呀...

2. 句型
发现这个句型是我经常写错的: ...... , but .......

3. 地名和人名
因为表示特指的,是唯一的,所以要大写!!可是地名经常被我忽略啊...
69#
 楼主| ultradc 发表于 07-7-4 16:30:46 | 只看该作者
5月28日

3-1 A puma at large

Pumas are large, cat-like animals which were(are) found in America. When reports came into London z(Z)oo, (that) a (wild) puma was(had been) spotted 45(forty-five) miles south of london, it was(they were) not taken seriously. However, as the evidence accumulate(began to accumulate), the experts from the zoo felt obliged to investicate(investigate), for the descriptions given by people who claimed to have seen the puma were extraordinarily similar.

The hunt (for the puma) began in a small village where a woman picking blackberries saw \'a large cat\' only five yards away from her. It immediately ran away when she saw it, (and) the experts confirmed that a puma will not attack a human being unless it is cornered. The hunt(search) proved difficult, for the puma was often observed at one place in the morning and at another place in the evening. Wherever it went, it left behind it a trail of dead deers(deer) or(and) small animals like rabbits. (Paw prints were seen in a number of places and puma fur was found clinging to bushes. Many(Several) people complained (of) \'cat-like noises\' at night and a businessman in(on) a fishing trip saw the pump up a tree. Now t(T)he experts (were now) fully convinced the animal was a puma, but where had it come from? As no report for any puma (pumas had been reported) missing from any zoo in the country, this one must be in the procession(possession) of any(a) private collectors(collector) and somehow managed to escape. The hunt went on for several weeks, but the puma was not caught. It is disturbing to think there is a large (that a dangerous wild) animal (is) still at large in the quiet countryside.  
70#
 楼主| ultradc 发表于 07-7-12 11:59:22 | 只看该作者
3-1

1. 数字形式:forty-five

2. The search proved difficult.

3. deer 复数是 原型

4. complain of ...

5. on a fishing trip/on a business trip

6. possession

7. but 连接词的句子形式
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|Free考研资料 ( 苏ICP备05011575号 )

GMT+8, 24-5-10 13:28 , Processed in 0.999026 second(s), 9 queries , Gzip On, Xcache On.